ajsdhf;aisudhfkjashdf;ausidfh

The European adventures of A & T, a husband & wife duo filled with wanderlust.

9.23.2014

Flower Festival in Thiene

Although I seem to say I love everything about Italy or everything is my "favorite thing," I can actually say flowers have really been MY FAVORITE THING!  Planting my own garden, buying every single type of house plant possible (according to my husband our home looks like a jungle, a manicured jungle in my opinion), and visiting my town's market for fresh flowers weekly has become a slight addiction.  So when my Italian teacher mentioned a festival dedicated to flowers was happening in Thiene, a town located 20 minutes from our house, I know what I would be attending!

Me and my four girlfriends, actually I call them my GAL PALS, headed out for a little day trip to investigate what this flower festival had to offer. 
How cute are we?













And I am so happy we did.  The town of Thiene is dominated by the Castello di Thiene, which is a castle built in the 15th century. So awesome!

















Exploring castles is the cool.  Exploring castles filled with tons of flowers, vendors selling homemade sauces, jams, and soaps with your gal pals is even cooler.  Here is what we found inside and on the castle grounds...








I felt like Alice in Wonderland in the outside gardens!


Last but not least, the original horse stables covered in...MARBLE.  That's right, marble.


And a few shots of the cute town of Thiene






Perfect adventure day with perfect friends. AND I came home with a new succulent.  I'd say this day was a win. 

Until Next Time, 
Always 

No comments:

Post a Comment