ajsdhf;aisudhfkjashdf;ausidfh

The European adventures of A & T, a husband & wife duo filled with wanderlust.

11.23.2012

Bouquet of Flowers




Moments like these make you realize even though you are miles and miles apart from the person you love, the distance doesn't matter.

My soldier was on a ruck march this day, I believe. I will probably use the term, "rucking" again, so let me go ahead and define it.  For all of you non-military people,  a ruck march is a long walk/jog/shuffle/run with a very heavy backpack the Army uses as a form of PT (physical training).  Ruck marches tend to vary in distance and time.


Bragging moment:  My soldier just did a 26 mile ruck march a few weeks ago.  I know, he's awesome.


Anyway, during a time of no contact, he was rucking one afternoon and stopped to pick me the best bouquet of flowers I have ever received!

Little things like this are really what makes the distance between us bearable.  I am really missing him today, especially since we did not get to spend the Thanksgiving holiday together.  Only 36 more days until we are reunited! HOORAY, or maybe I should say HOOAH (military slang for hell yeah!)?! 


Until Next Time.
Always.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment